The campsite extends over 9.5 acres of woodland and forms part of the SSSI. It is accessed from Button Street and bounds the southern edge of Farningham Wood Nature Reserve.
The site has been in use extensively for scouting activities as a campsite by the Scout Association for over 70 years since its purchase in 1940.
The prime purpose of the site is to provide recreational and camping facilities for members of the Scout Association, and to promote awareness and conservation of the natural environment to the young members of the Association. All activities on site are to conform to the Scout Associationís Policy, Organisation and Rules (POR) with particular regard to the Associations guidelines on camping standards.